Bacon-wrapped filet mignon is the best of both worlds: you get to enjoy a tender, juicy cut of beef wrapped in the salty crispiness that only bacon can provide. It is an explosion of umami worth every calorie.
Preparing this restaurant-style dish at home is incredibly simple. One must begin with quality ingredients and the rest will follow. Give our bacon-wrapped filet mignon recipe a try and you’ll get great results each time.
Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon Recipe
Before getting started allow the filet mignon to reach room temperature. This will result in a better sear and flavor. Then follow these easy steps:
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Wrap each filet mignon with a slice of bacon. The bacon may be secured with a toothpick or twine.
- Season the filet mignon liberally with salt and pepper.
- Sear the filet mignon on each side over medium-high heat. Use a cast iron skillet or oven-proof skillet.
- Place the bacon wrapped filet mignon in the oven and cook for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Alternate Method for Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon
You can also prepare the bacon-wrapped filet mignon on the grill. This will give your meat an irresistible smoky flavor. Here is how to do it:
Hungry for More?
If you love bacon wrapped filet mignon you’ll enjoy this recipe for beef filet with bacon, scallions and herbs d’Provence.