I recently was sent a gorgeous Skeppshult Cast Iron Swing Pepper Mill and matching Salt Bowl from Pleasant Hill Grain, and they were kind enough to give me a second set to use as a contest giveaway to share with my blog readers. The Skeppshult Cast Iron “Swing” Pepper Mill and Salt Bowl are designed by Carl&Carl of Denmark and handmade in Sweden so have an elegant Scandinavian design along with the weight of cast iron. I always have small salt and pepper container sitting next to my stove to use as needed, and these modern Skeppshult Swing models would look great in any kitchen.
The pepper mill and salt bowl come with either a beech, oak, walnut or painted white lid, and the winner can choose their choice of lid. A strong rubber seal is fit into a groove on the inside of the lid so your pepper and spices will stay fresh longer. A notch is crafted into the rim of the bowl to make it easy to remove the lid. One cast iron bowl nests into the other with a lid covering the top bowl. This unique design allows you to store whole peppercorn in the top bowl, and pour a portion into the bottom bowl when you are ready to grind it. The inside base of the bottom bowl and outside base of the top bowl are finished with a coarse cast iron pattern which creates excellent burrs for grinding when rubbed against each other.
Features of the Swing Pepper Mill & Salt Bowl –
- Grinds Pepper & Other Dry Spices
- Stores Whole Spices & Herbs
- Cast Without Harmful Chemicals
- Made From Virgin Iron Ore
- Exceptionally Long lifespan
- Choice of Beech, Oak, Walnut or Painted Lids
- Designed by Carl&Carl in Denmark
- Made in Sweden
- 25 Year Warranty
Size – Outside: 3″ diameter, 2.75″ high
Inside: 2.25″ diameter, 1.75″ deep
Skeppshult of Sweden manufactures artisanal cast iron cookware and cook’s tools from strictly controlled raw materials in their factory in Småland. Made without harmful chemicals, their products have an exceptionally long life span, which explains how they can provide a 25 year cast iron warranty. Their natural and environmentally friendly cast iron products are made without harmful chemicals and require little maintenance.
Skeppshult’s factory operates the only remaining foundry in Scandinavia making household products in cast iron. Many phases in the manufacturing are still pure hand craftsmanship and dependent upon great professional skill. Undergoing an average of ten quality control inspections before completion, your Skeppshult products will withstand year after year of heavy use.
The contest winner will receive one set of the Skeppshult Swing Pepper Mill and Salt Bowl with their choice of lids.
- To enter this contest giveaway to win a matching set of Skeppshult cast iron Swing design Pepper Mill & Salt Bowl, you must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the continental USA.
- To enter, simply post a comment below stating why you would like to win these products. One entry per person please!
- The contest will run for two weeks, ending at midnight April 28th.
- The winner will be chosen by Random.org, and will be notified by April 30th. The winner has 48 hours to respond sending contact details. If the winner does not reply within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
Pleasant Hill Grain has a large selection of Skeppshult cast iron products to choose from, so do visit their website to check out the extensive collection of Scandinavian designed cast iron cookware and spice products.